Rhythm Kids (ages 4-7)
Rhythm Kids™ 4-7 is the next musical step for your child (ages 4–7) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids 4-7 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
- make up their own drumming patterns;
- invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.);
- create movement ideas for songs;
- and even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids 4-7 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age seven.
Classes are for children ages 4-7 and include:
- 9 weekly, 45 minute classes;
- Animal Collection Songbook and CD each session;
- access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
- explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play and song;
- develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing;
- learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically.
Drums will be provided for the class each week (or you can bring your own). Just add hands!